In recent weeks and months, it seems like we have been hearing more and more incidents where somethiMy Beautiful Baby 13 Weeks
How many pages must we use? So this is something we've been trying to look harder at, and as I mentioned in the post we're giving this stuff some more active examination right now as we mod some threads. See pictures of May Day. American MeFites don't, generally speaking, bother to specify that they're looking for someone willing to ship to the US unless they're outside the Lower 48, whereas Canadian and EU and UK posters almost always include that specification in the question if not the title, rather than a followup or not at all.
But I also need for it to be normal and expected that we're around and available and keeping an eye out for "hey, come take a look" signals on stuff, that a basic moderator presence is a consistent expectation on the site.
But there was a concern that even mentioning the home nation of some gay athletes could compromise t
- The door that closed kept us from entering a room, but what now lies before us is the rest of reality.
- Everything comes and goes by itself. Being on a spiritual path does not prevent you from facing times of darkness.
- He was my lover, my best friend, my confidante, my partner in crime, my ride or die, the only person I truly knew who had my back right or wrong and the only one i ever completely trusted. Please take care of yourself.
- New york online dating
- Gay maverick looking for fun partner
- I think non-defensiveness is like a muscle; it works better and easier the more you exercise it, and extensive practice is the only way to improve. The others in the pit don't intend to shove you around specifically, but the pit can get a little much regardless of their good intentions, so, y'know, it's nice to be able to have some room to get away from the wilder spots without having to leave the whole gig.
- Maybe the sticking point is the idea of a "promise to take offsite recommendations"?
- All this mostly feels like an exercise to thread the needle so that most of that dynamic is kept, except for the unintentionally racists bits. In the PoC thread, this is especially necessary for maintaining a sense of trust with the mods.
- Official mods still have over-arching controls, but they could delegate oversight in mega-threads, where the actions of volunteer mods could be overturned by official mods. In case there's any doubt: I am deeply grateful for the knowledge and insight folks in the community have brought to these discussions and the guidance we've been able to take from that as a team and as a community, in small and large ways, over the years.
- Given how the skirmishes in the State of MetaFilter thread are currently going, I'm officially taking myself out of the running as "leader".
- If people with skills are indeed on MetaFilter it would be great if they make themselves known.
Every day, sometimes twice per day, I see or hear a reference to buffalo. But that could be, and probably is just random hit and miss. Shock that this man whom I had care for and advocated for had died. I blame little green men.